– About –
Hello. I’m Marianne Petersen, welcoming you here to my little world. Through my blog, I hope to encourage others who just might need a little boost in trials that have come their way.
Fact 1: Putting Christ first in our life does not make us immune to life’s trials and tribulations. I’m not here just to show you two incredible difficulties I endured – one I’m still enduring – but to show you how God held me through those trials.
I have two memoirs, one out by mid 2018 called God and Your Pillow. It has to do with an unplanned pregnancy that shows how God lifted me up when I felt like giving up.
My second memoir in the making is about a brain affected illness that hit me twenty-seven years ago called Encephalitis. You can read over-all what took place and why it still feels like it all occurred just last week.
Fact 2: I am one who has kept a journal most of my 50 years, using to occasionally share what life was like growing up. I’ve learned how God has intertwined all through my life and can’t help but hope sharing them can bring a smile on ones face.
On average, I put together one post in the middle of each week when we all could use that little boost. If you don’t want to miss that boost, just sign up at the top of my home page. You’ll be happy you did.
Here are a few of the very first posts that begin each of my stories.
I have always loved to write and have loved sharing with others the many joys and, yes, trials that God has guided me through as He’s held me tight.
Five topics I’m covering, showing Five areas that have played big parts of my life.
- Book 1- God and Your Pillow –
Very recently, April 1st of 2018, it became available. My goal? To help others going through an unplanned pregnancy, showing how God held me through that tough time as an example of how God can hold you.
- God’s Perfect Timing – Showing how God’s timing of different events in my life have been, well, PERFECT! His hand was right there.
- Book 2- Illness – Encephalitis – No title yet being I just began writing it. Like my first book, it will show God’s hands carrying me through a very difficult brain illness, knowing others love to feel they are not alone.
- Journal – I’ve kept a journal going now for about thirty some-odd years and I want to use it to show how priceless it can be to keep a journal when looking back at your past.
- Uncategorized – Those little extras that need a home.
My main reason for all five is hoping they can be tools to show ways how God’s been with me these many years.
Matthew 6:33 has been one of my favorite verses all these years because, as it says…
‘Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.’
– and I’ve learned that seeking Christ first, even through the trials I’ve been through, peace continued to hold on. Sure, more at sometimes than others, but still there.