– Running With My Book – Part 3 – 

jog

Now, where did I leave off?  Oh, that’s right. My last post ended with . . . 

My book finally was – drumroll please – DONE!  (1*)

Done. I love that word. With the book finally finalized, the next phase of publishing began: getting my book out of my heart, soul, and mind, and into people’s hands. That phase began this last winter of 2017 –  the winter whose weather was 80 percent to blame for why I didn’t run as often as I had the last four winters. Too cold, too windy, too wet too often. I blame my book for the other 20 percent. No way could I pull my running shoes, gloves, and extra-thick sweatshirt out of my closet, since that would prolong getting my book in readers’ hands. ‘Determined’ became my new middle name. 

“Hmm. I’d like a reason for my deadline. I know!  My next birthday isn’t too far but not too soon.” That’s it. I decided to work my tail off to get God and Your Pillow ready by April 1, 2018. This plan of attack was the main reason I was unable to find time to run even if the weather was okay. 

At last, decent weather, one month ago in early March of this year, plus a little free time: running shoes on, check; iPod in hand, check. I took off. As soon as my feet hit the sidewalk, as soon as that two-mile escape from life began, I realized something.

“I’m no longer thinking about what to write, how to write, who to find to do whatever is needed. Weird.” I’m sure those driving by noticed a little bit of a stunned look on my face. “There are only a few last little things to do before it—gulp—gets printed!”

Memory Lane Road Sign

Reminiscing thoughts began of what got me to start my book, how many years it took me to write it, how many people I’ve met, how much I had learned, plus more. But most of all how God had clearly shown me so much encouragement from day one. To God be the glory.

 

GodandYourPillowFrontFinal

 

April first has now passed. And I am happy to announce that even a few days before my birthday my book found a home on Amazon. (Determination can sure speed things up.)

 

 

 

 

With so many thoughts floating around that day, I had to run. “I can’t believe it. My book is now on Amazon. I can’t believe it,” ran right along with me.

Once home, I walked into the front yard (notice I said ‘walked’) and sat down on the outside stairs to let my breathing slow down before going inside. No song stood out as much as the one that began as soon as I sat. God must have known to save that song for the few tears He knew I’d have in the privacy of my fenced-in front yard. Why? The song speaks to how God was my strength, always there for me in my writing experience and that tender wind that carried me.

 

Do you have a goal? Do you have a plan? Please, let me encourage you.

You can meet your goal either in an instant or, as it was for me, after years of hard work. Give it your all, accepting the fact you might work your tail off and lose some sleep, but only to find out you’ll be rewarded with excitement.

My favorite verse says it perfectly on what to do with your goal.  

9059718

Matt 6:33 – But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things (like your own book in your own hand) shall be added to you.

Now sure, I still have work to do. Making the book is now done, so getting it out into the hands of readers is my next adventure. But it’s an adventure in that I’ll just pull up my sleeves, thinking that God’s pulling up His as well, as we say together, “Here we come, book world. LOOK OUT!”

 

1* – Click here to read last post.

 

Marianne Petersen’s book God and Your Pillow is now available. (Amazon) – You can follow Marianne on Twitter at @marimemoirs and read more at her blog, marimemoirs.com.

 

Running With My Book – Part 3

4 thoughts on “Running With My Book – Part 3

  1. Congratulations ! To the book, to the perseverance, and to your life. May God continue to bless your endeavours.
    Now I need to go to Amazon and read it. Will be done. I like your blog, and I am sure your book too

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s